Have you ever heard of the Razzie Awards?
It's an award ceremony that's held for all the "worsts" of the year.
And for 2011, I win it for the worst blogger!!
My resolution is to post more often!
So here's my quick catch up with the family:
Hubby is doing well. Working his butt off at work and getting up at 5:00am to go work out at the Y. I'm so proud of him. I would rather lay in bed then get up that early but he manages to do it 3-4 times per week. He recently applied for a promotion. He didn't get it but it sounds like they have a plan in place for him for the future.
I'm doing well too. Got through the holidays pretty smoothly. This year was awesome for me- I got almost everything on my list. Nothing too earth shattering (board games, Keurig coffee holder) but it was all for ME! Normally I receive "household" things with my name on them but this year, it was stuff I really wanted.
Olivia had a great holiday as well. She was very excited to get a pogo stick and the Loopz game. She's still struggling with school. She was diagnosed with hyperactive disorder (a version of ADHD) and has been on medication for a few months. It's taken a lot of time to find the right mix, we're still working on it, but her behavior has been getting better. I had to put aside my normal "anti medication" attitude since I learned this wasn't something she was going to be able to control on her own. I appreciate that our doctor has taken things slow and also suggested lots of non medication related things we can do with her too. It's a process and I'm slowly learning not to blame myself....and concentrate on helping her. She just lost her first two about two weeks ago and got $5 from the tooth fairy!
Kellen is LOVING preschool. He has learned so much in these last few months. He can recognize the entire alphabet, a bunch of letters, knows all his colors and shapes. He can recognize his name and can *almost* spell it. He still loves football and baseball. He's growing so fast too! He's going to be big and tall just like daddy.
Owen is just a doll. I'm very blessed he is so laid back. His personality has really bloomed in the last few months. He's a total class clown. He started walking in mid October and is now trying to jump--it's the cutest thing on the planet. His vocabulary has blown up--he says lights, doggie, hotdog, mama, daddy, sissy, truck, milk, water, poop and can follow almost every direction I give him.
It's almost been one year since I decided to stay home with the kids. I'm not gonna lie--sometimes I wonder if it was the right decision. I'm not the type to be completely fulfilled raising my kids. I joined Thirty-One in October and I am LOVING it! I've had some wonderful success and a great time having parties and meeting new people. I was able to pay for all our Christmas gifts with my commission from December sales. It feels good to be contributing monetarily to the family again.
I think 2012 has a lot of great things in store for us. I'm excited to keep you updated more often! I promise!
Christmas Around the World
7 years ago







It sounds like 2012 will be good for you! Keep us posted!
ReplyDelete