Monday, February 28, 2011

Today was a good day

I feel like my last post probably makes it seem like I have really bad children.

I don't.

I just don't think I know what to expect, nor do I have other kids to compare them to, so I just assume they are the worst.

But, so far, today they are pretty awesome.

We went to open playtime at the local parent resource center. Other than a few sassy moments, it went pretty well. Then we met a friend out for lunch. This was only the SECOND time in their lives that they've all been out together and the FIRST when it was just me. Overall, not a bad time. Olivia got up from her chair a few times, but ate most of her lunch and Kellen did leak through his diaper but a quick pants change and he was back to eating. Luckily Owen fell asleep for most of the time, so that helped too.

I am very proud of myself. I am consciously trying not to yell and trying to do more time outs than spankings.

Today was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. These are the best days! It renews our faith in our parenting, and reminds us how cute those little loves can be!

    ReplyDelete