Monday, April 18, 2011

It's been 3 months already!

Don't forget to enter my Teething Bling giveaway here!!!!!

I was just 3 months ago today that I decided to stay home with the kiddos. It's been a learning experience and very challenging. It's like getting to know my own kids again!

I decided to share what I've learned over these last 3 months:

  • The kids get up at 7:00am regardless of when they go to bed.
  • They must eat breakfast THE MINUTE they wake up.
  • They whine.....A LOT!
  • TV will only buy me about 15 minutes of alone time. (that's probably a very good thing)
  • All they want to do is play outside. It doesn't matter if it's 25 degrees with 40mph winds!
  • Spanking doesn't work.
  • Our Family Resource Center (with huge indoor play room) is a lifesaver.
  • My neighbor is unemployed.
  • Our family goes through more toilet paper than anyone I know.
  • We spend less time in our newly refinished basement than I thought we would.
  • I should have bought stock in juice boxes. 
  • Potty training a boy is kinda gross. He pees everywhere!
  • Having a predictable schedule is key.
  • Getting out of the house even when I don't feel like it is important for everyone's sanity
  • I'm happy I get to spend this time with them. They are only little once.
I'm thankful that we are able to experience this together. I know it won't last long---3 years will be over and done before I know it. Olivia will already go to school full-time in the fall and Kellen will start preschool. I'll blink and they'll be in middle school.....I'll turn around and they'll be in high school. It all goes by so fast. Some days, that's a good thing, but mostly it's been amazing to watch them grow!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. You got it all down! I have to relearn this stuff each summer, and it takes me all summer to get it down. Then? We start back up again!

    ReplyDelete