This week, I found a blog that give instructions on making your own version of Triple Paste. I got a sample of Triple Paste from a friend and didn't really understand the hype until my son got a serious case of diaper rash two weeks ago. One night in Triple Paste and it was gone! I was amazed! I was disapointed, however, when I went to the store and realized how expensive it is!! $8.99 for a 2 oz (or something) tube. Holy cow! I bought it anyway and when I got home, I googled Triple Paste coupon and happened to come across this blog.
So, thanks to Minnesota Mama's Must Haves for the recipe. I'm going to have to try it!
This is not safe for cloth diapers
One product I tried that worked the best was Triple Paste. The price however was not working very well for me. The cheapest I could find it was $18.99 a tub at Target. So I set out to make my own. With a little research I have found a combination that works better than the Triple Paste. Here is the recipe:
Mix: 1/2 C Vaseline (store brand is cheapest unless you have a coupon)
1/2 tube of Desitin or other creamy diaper cream
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp Mylanta liquid (again unless you have a coupon the store brand is cheapest)
Stir together until creamy. If it seems a little too liquidy I add a little more Desitin.
Apply at every diaper change until rash is completely gone.
Store in an airtight container for later use.
Hope this works as good for you as it does for my little girl!
You may also wonder the cost comparison. Here it is:
Large tub of store brand Vaseline $2.99
Target brand desitin $1.79
Mylanta on clearance $1.59
Cornstarch small container .99
This is all assuming you have no coupons it would cost $7.36
After you made one batch you would still have all of your ingredients left to make another. After the second batch you would need more desitin but would still have the other ingredients.
So I would say it costs well below $3.00 a batch compared to $18.99 for Triple Paste.







0 comments:
Post a Comment