Monday, September 27, 2010

A Crazy Busy Weekend

Holy cow. This weekend was busy!

I had to go into work on Saturday morning. It wasn't too bad. I wore my best "are they jammies or clothes?" outfit, stopped and got a cappuccino and enjoyed the non-work week traffic. I was only in for about 2 hours and was headed home.

I changed and jumped in the van with the family to head down to the annual Octoberfest (I refuse to spell it Oktoberfest--I'm not German). All I wanted was fresh kettle corn. OF COURSE the stand I was looking for was at the complete opposite end of where we parked. I had little O in the Ergo and Daddy was driving the semi-truck double stroller so it was quite a hike. We waited almost 30 minutes in line but once that sweet, salty, hot kettle corn touched my tongue, I knew it was worth it.

We went home and I jumped back in the van to go pick up the remaining stuff I had put in a consignment sale. The turn out was horrible and after adding in my time, gas, ink and paper, I probably didn't make any money. Blah.

Got back in time to jump in the shower just before my in-laws showed up to babysit for a date night. YAHOO! My hubby and I got to go out to dinner sans children, drink some beer (seriously I had one beer and felt tipsy!) then went to a movie. We saw The Town with Ben Affleck. It was good-lots of shooting-but good.

Sunday I took Olivia shopping for her Halloween costume. She wanted to be a bumble bee but once we walked in the door, she wanted to be an angel (ha!), a princess, a vampire, Tinkerbell, Ariel (again) then back to Tinkerbell. I told her that we already decided on a bumble bee and once she tried on the costume, we were good.

We headed off to Target to get a new winter jacket and snow pants. See, in Wisconsin, if you don't buy your snow pants before October, you won't find them anywhere. I tried to get boots for Kellen last winter in December and they were all sold out.

Then we went to lunch at Chipotle. She likes the rice and we shared a soda. I'm so amazed at what a different kid she is when she's away from her brothers. She's so polite, quiet and just talks up a storm without any kind of yelling or whining. She called it "girls only day". I think we're gonna stick with one every month : )

Bed Bath and Beyond to get a garment rack (for all those clothes I DIDN'T sell at the consignment sale) then back home so Dad could mow the lawn. Then my mom and dad stopped over, we had dinner, did baths then it was off to bed.

I love these kinds of weekends. The kids are too busy to fight and get whiny because they are bored. I'm definitely tired but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. sounds fun! I like those busy, active, non-whiny times, too - when everybody gets along and has fun doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A date night AND a girls' day out, both in one weekend? Sounds full of win to me!

    ReplyDelete