Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When you get what you want....and then not wanting it anymore.

Have you ever had your heart set on something? Something you wanted so bad that you can't stop thinking about it?

I have.

As a child, it was a certain toy.
In high school, it was a certain boy.
In college, it was a certain piece of clothing or shoe.
After college, it was usually some kind of food or drink.
After after-college, it was usually getting rid of those pounds caused by that certain food or drink.

If you want something so bad, why does it often let you down when you finally get it?

Is it the thrill of the chase? The excitement of the anticipation? The fulfillment from knowing you have a goal and the pleasure and pride you get out of working towards something you really want?

I don't know.

I often find that I'll set my mind on something and build it up in my head how wonderful it's going to be. I get lost in the fantasy of having it, using it, seeing it, smelling it etc. And when I get, I'm often let down. Like it's no fun to chase or yearn for it anymore.

That is so weird.

So...... what do "want" for? Would you feel disapointed if you ever got it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment