Thursday, April 15, 2010

There are still good people in the world!!

I had to make a run to Babies R Us and had a few boxes in my cart. I was lucky enough to park close to the building in the expectant mothers parking. I parked my cart up on the curb and walked to my car to unlock it. A lady says to me "Oh here. I'll load these for you. You shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting." and proceeding to load all the boxes in the back of my car. She asked if I would rather use my trunk and I told her it was filled with groceries. She says "You should be at home resting your feet. Tell that husband of yours to do the grocery shopping!" She even took my cart back into the store for me!

My first reaction was "Hey Lady! I can be pregnant and take care of myself!" but then it hit me......JUST ACCEPT HER DAMN HELP!!!! How often does someone actually offer to do anything nice for anyone anymore? I can barely get people to hold the door open when I'm pushing a stroller into a store, let alone help me load my car!

I accepted her help and it felt great! She walked away knowing she helped me out and made my day and I had a refreshed attitude on the kindness of strangers.

Let this little story inspire you to do something nice for someone! Tell someone they look nice today, let someone cut in front of you in the grocery line or offer to watch your friend's children so she can get a pedicure. Trust me...it will leave both of you feeling great!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :) good for you! I had one of the workers at Copps the other day load my grocery's into my car and I didn't even have kids in tow (I don't think... my days tend to run together these days...) :)

    ReplyDelete