Thursday, November 4, 2010

About me........

For all you loyal readers out there (I think I'm up to 4 or 5 now!) I'd like to share a little bit more about me. It's weird building friendships over the Internet. I feel like I *know* some of you yet we've never met in real life---never shared a cup of coffee or gone shopping together. We should organize a blogger mixer sometime. Maybe in Vegas?? All of us who follow and comment could get together for a night of craziness. That would awesome.

Anyway, in an effort to build some of these relationships, I'd like to share some more info about ME!


HI!

Name: Sarah

Age: the big 3-0 this year. I'm a child of the 80's

Where were you born?: Peoria, IL. I lived there for a few years (the majority of my family is still there) and then we moved to Rhode Island. I lived there for about 10 years before moving to the grand old state of Wisconsin. We've been here for almost 20 years. Go Packers!

Favorite Food: I love Mexican food. Anything that has guacamole is good for me. My second favorite is probably Italian.

Favorite Music: I'm a Pop Queen. Anything Top 40. I love New Kids on the Block (old and new), N*Sync, Britney, Jason Derulo etc but I also love Led Zeppelin, REO Speedwagon and Foreigner. Pretty much anything except country (sorry).

How tall are you?: I'm 5'10" and no, I never played basketball. I don't know why everyone always asks me that. I played soccer and danced all through kindergarten up until high school. Now I just sit around and watch TV.

Are you married?: Yep. My husband and I met in college. I dated a guy in high school that I was convinced I was going to marry. The first night of college I met by hubby, called my boyfriend and broke up with him. I just KNEW I was going to marry this man! Drama ensued, lots of craziness followed and we were married in 2003. Love you honey! (although I don't believe he knows this blogs exists!)

Tell us about your kids: First of all, I never wanted kids. I know, right? I am WAY selfish--I like to buy whatever I want, sleep whenever I want, run errands whenever I want. I still do. I knew that I would make a horrible mother.
But I guess the "big guy upstairs" had bigger plans for me. A bunch of Bud Light and a few missed BC pills and my dear Olivia was born in April 2006. She was an awesome baby so I figured "This is easy!"
I was pregnant with twins in fall of 2007 but unfortunately suffered two blighted ovums. That didn't stop us and Mr. Kellen was born August 2008 (5 1/2 weeks early).
We decided we were done with kids but would hold off on the big "V" until 2010. Low and behold, Mr Owen was born July 2010--my surprise baby (I still think a certain pharmaceutical company owes me some money).
We have a very busy household but love the craziness and joy they bring to our lives. Is a #4 in our future?99% sure that's a no, but I guess we'll see.

  • Miss Olivia- She's 4 1/2 years old. She's my drama queen (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). She loves baseball, drawing, crafts, baby dolls and swimming. She's got a touch of OCD since all the babies need to be lined up perfectly before she can sleep. I also think she may be a bit of a hoarder since she's always collecting and hiding stashes of rocks, tiny pieces of paper or playing cards. Not sure where the blond hair, blue eyes comes from. I assure you, my mail person is a woman!
  • Mr. Kellen- He's my little man. We were home together for about one year after he was born so he's a mama's boy. He makes the most hilarious facial expressions and is a real brute. He's 34lbs and in size 4 clothing and he's only 2! He LOVES sports-baseball, soccer, football- it doesn't matter. He can watch a whole football game start to finish. He cheers for the touchdowns and yells at the TV just like daddy!
  • Mr. Owen- He's only 4 months old so we're just getting to know him. So far, he's my stoic one. He's very much a "watcher". He's very laid back and only fusses when he needs something. He always thinks twice before throwing out a precious smile or coo. I think he'll be my cautious one. While the other two are jumping off the side of Grandma's boat, he'll be calculating the water temperature and the best angle to jump at so-as not too splash too much. He's such a snuggler too!
My Dream Job- I would love to be one of those cleaning/organizing specialists on Hoarders. Or a wedding planner. Or maybe plan the wedding of the engaged hoarders that I helped organize. Perfect!

Why I started blogging- Honestly, I was so frustrated with all the politics going in the world (the horrible, horrible health care plan, the insanely high gas prices, the collapse of the housing market) that I needed a place to vent. Don't get me wrong... I have a lot of friends and family to talk to, but I just wanted a place where it wouldn't immediately argue back. I also like to enter giveaways--and most giveaways give you extra entries for having a blog. Win-win!

My blogging goal- I would love to be able to host giveaway and share the stuff that I love. I love sharing pictures of my family, talking about my parenting achievements and challenges (and knowing I'm not the only one facing these challenges) and giving away products that I love to use. I don't have a lot of money, but when some extra paypal is available, I like to buy some of these products to share with you.

There! That's about it for now. Feel free to comment if there's anything you'd like to know specifically about me. I'll answer pretty much anything : )


2 comments:

  1. Oh! I do feel like I know you so much better now! and only a state away!? We have to meet IRL sometime! Wow, you are tall though. I will look short next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly...do I love Mexican food!! We'd be great friends!! =) XOXO have a great day!

    ReplyDelete