Monday, January 10, 2011

The Reaction

I've received a lot of different types of reactions after giving my 2 week notice at work last week. I thought it would be fun to share some of the reactions I've received from various people:

"Wow! Congrats. That's awesome."

"You're doing WHAT? Are you crazy? You can barely stand them during the weekend."

"You are very lucky. You'll never be able to get these days back when they are little."

"Congratulations. I know it must have been a hard choice to give up your career."

"I never had kids so I wouldn't have to make that kind of decision."

"You should probably find something to do on the side to keep your sanity."

"Do you really want to color and watch cartoons all day? That would drive me insane!"

"I never would have pegged you as the stay at home mom type. You're too talented and smart."

"I'm totally envious. I missed out on a lot when my kids were little. You will love it."

"I am so excited I get to see you more often now!"

"I've been thinking about doing the same thing but know it's just not for me."

"Congratulations. Was your husband okay with your decision?"

Looks like you can't win either way. I'm either crazy, courageous or stupid, apparently.

Overall, it's been a good reaction. Most men could care less, most women with children are excited for me. I'm amazed at how many moms have offered me resources on activities to keep the kids busy--especially the free ones! Only 6 more days (well, 5 1/2 since it's already 2:00 here) until the journey begins.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I don't know you AT ALL and totally just found you through Blognonymous, but "You're too talented and smart"??? Oh, becasuse 'staying' home with 3 kids is going to be cake! I promise. I do it every.single.day. Seriously, let ME talk to that person. I think they may be NOT talented and smart enough to do exactly what you are about to do!! I see that your SAHM days start on Tuesday, well, HAVE FUN, you talented and smart woman!! I'll be back to see how you are doing. Oh, and yeah, you're going to want to pull your hair out at times, and you're crazy and courageous. But it.is.awesome.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim- I KNOW! I was just amazed at some of the comments. And believe it or not, these were all by other women. I said "Thanks! I do believe my intelligence and talent will also help me succeed at this job as well" and walked away. :)

    ReplyDelete