Well, as most of you know, this baby was a total shocker to us. I had already cleaned out everything a baby uses from 0-12 months before finding out about this little one. Everything was gone--bottles, spoons, bowls, plates, clothing, sheets etc. I kept the bigger items for when my friends with young babies visited but everything was cleaned out as soon as Kellen grew out of it.
My best friend Melissa is due June 13th. She's been through a lot over the last 3 years to finally have a healthy pregnancy. We've been in really close contact over these past 8 months. Her-asking lots of pregnancy questions Me- trying to answer them to the best of my ability. When she realized how much stuff I actually needed for this baby, she so kindly offered to throw me a Baby "Sprinkle" May 15th--it's not a full shower, just a little sprinkle. I loved that concept and any gathering that involves cake is alright with me!
Here's the very clever cake that my friend Rebecca brought
Tiny baby shoes are so cute no matter how many kids you have!
That's me-yep I actually curled my hair for once!
We had a lot of fun playing some games and just talking. Everyone at the party is either a mom, grandma or expectant mom so it was wonderful to hear baby stories from all walks of life. I received so many wonderful gifts that really make me feel like this is "real" and I feel so much more prepared! I want to thank all my wonderful friends for bringing snacks, presents and just themselves to help me celebrate our little man coming sooner than we ever expected (or planned for that matter!)










totally agree on the shower thing. and think the sprinkle is a great idea. maybe i should leave a hint for my family on my blog. lol!! it looks like a fun time, and i love the cake!
ReplyDelete