Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grey's Anatomy is ruining my life!

"Psst!"

Uh-oh....not again.

"Psst! You know what's on here right?"-- that's my DVR talking to me the minute I get a moment to myself.

"I have an episode of Grey's Anatomy...... You know you wanna watch it....."

"YES! YES I DO! But I have 100 other things I need to do with this time. Stop tempting me you evil, evil machine!"

No matter how hard I fight it. Now matter how much I prepare myself to say no.

I always give in.

When I was home with Kellen, I got hooked on Desperate Housewives thanks to the Lifetime Channel for showing reruns and allowing me to get caught up with the show to start watching new episodes. They featured 3 hours of DH so I was able to get caught up fairly quickly and it was the perfect activity when you have a 3 week old baby and don't feel like leaving the house. I was home with Kellen for one year before finding another job so I had plenty of time for TV.

Fast forward two years...

After Owen was born, I started watching Grey's Anatomy, again, thanks to Lifetime for airing it from the middle of season 5. It was the episode where the ferry boat crashes into the dock and Izzy has to drill a hole into some guys head. C.R.A.Z.Y good episode. Why did Meredith try to kill herself? Why won't that little blond girl talk? How are they going to fit all these people into the ER? HOW WILL IT END!

I started DVRing Grey's Anatomy that very second. 3 hours of Grey's was on my DVR for my viewing pleasure.

Then I went back to work.

Do you know how hard it is to fit in 3 hours of television in PER DAY to keep up with this show?? Incredibly hard. Luckily, Lifetime started showing more Wifeswap (okay is that really lucky?) so there was only 2 hours of Grey's on per day once I went back to work. Still, it was very hard to keep up. Miss one day and you were looking at 4 hours of television. But I couldn't stop. I couldn't miss a second. How was I going to get caught up on this show before the season premiere?

Netflix.

I managed to continue watching season 5 and season 6 on Lifetime and start from the beginning on Netflix. Hour after hour of slipping in time for Grey's--laudry sat dirty, floors sat covered in dust bunnies, food covered dishes sat in the sink.

Yesterday I had the day off for Columbus Day (gotta love bank holidays) and I had 2 hours to do whatever I wanted. On my drive home from dropping the kids off from daycare (um....yes they still went) I made all these plans to clean the kitchen, put away the laundry, pay bills and wash the sheets.

I ended up watching two hours of Grey's Anatomy.

And I'm ALMOST caught up : )

3 comments:

  1. Is that where you got Owen's name from? (I don't watch Grey's, but I've had SO MANY people ask me that!)

    Unfortunately, I never ever ever get control of the remote control so I couldn't become addicted to a show even if I wanted to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! No, we had the name Owen set for our first son but when he was born, he just didn't look like an "Owen". I guess I never thought of that! There is a character named Owen on Grey's.

    We have 3 TVs in the house to pretty much everyone gets to watch what they want : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was totally addicted to HGTV after having Asher! I never watch TV anymore, because after not having it for 2 years, I got out of the habit. Now, we don't have the DVR either, so there is nothing good ever on. I need DVR!!!

    ReplyDelete