I work in IT so I'm pretty familiar with technology. I would like to think that I know how to use it.
That being said....sometimes I get so annoyed with technology that I yearn for the days of corded telephones, cassette tapes and real conversations.
Here are my recent technology rants:
The automatic spell checker/my-phone-thinks-it-knows-what-word-I'm-trying-to-type-feature. I wanted to comment "Nope" on a FB status but instead my phone, in its all knowing power, changed it to "Mole". MOLE! What the heck does that have to do with anything? Clearly my phone did not READ the status update to be smart enough to know that commenting simply "Mole" made absolutely no sense. For whatever reason, it thought "Mole" was much more appropriate. Stupid phone.
The automatic toilet flusher. Can we GET any lazier? Do THAT many people forget to flush these days? Why don't we have automatic full body sanitizers hanging over the doorways for those people that never wash their hands? And the worst is when everyone assumes the auto-flushers are working properly and don't check to make sure they have done their job. That just takes us back to square 1 x 100. Gross.
Sensored stop lights. You know the ones that can sense when a car is waiting and then changes the light? That works great when it's 2am and the lights change instantaneously at an otherwise dead intersection. It does not work great when an entire line of traffic is stopped because one guy wants to cross the intersection. Maybe it's just my deep rooted road rage and overall hatred of the WI-DOT, but why can't these have timers for the busy intersections? Nothing is worse then getting up to speed only to slam on your brakes at the next intersection only a few blocks away.
Cappuccino machines. I understand that the directions say to stop pressing the button when your cup is 2/3 full but then you get a huge gush of un-flavored hot water and that makes the drink taste bad. Why can't they just program them so you can hit the 12oz, 16oz or 20oz button and it will fill it with that exact amount of cappuccino? Like they have at the fast food places? I'm tired of burning the H E double hockey sticks out of my hand when I try to squeeze in those last few ounces of sugary goodness then get blasted by the overflow.
Bluetooth headsets. Trust me, you DO look dorky. Nuff said.
But then technology allows me to spew all my rantings over the internet for all to read.....and that's pretty awesome. HAHA!
Christmas Around the World
7 years ago







I hear ya on the toilet issue...disgusting!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by ImPossible Stories! =)
I hate hate HATE auto fill-in. I disabled it within hours of getting my new phone, because - as you found out - I think it had been programmed by a teenager with a rotten sense of humor. MOLE! And I'm sorry, but I cannot distinguish between someone using a Bluetooth and the crazy homeless man on the corner who talks to himself.
ReplyDeletePS, I still have some of my old cassette tapes!
HAHA! @Sara- my hubby uses his bluetooth to play video games sometimes and I can never tell if he's talking to me or the people he's playing against.
ReplyDelete@Kaci-Love the ImPossible blog!
Totally giggled my way through this. My husband should do a rant like this. he is in IT and goes off on Social media, like facebook, all the time. Then? he has nonstop updates from mashable. hmmmm....
ReplyDelete