My throat is very sore today. It's the kind of sore you get when you've gotten home from a concert where you did nothing but sing for 3 hours straight. And my ears hurt too-like from the crazy huge speakers at a concert. My body is aching, like it would from dancing at a concert all night long. And I slept like crap-like when you can't get your body or mind to calm down from a night of entertainment.
You're probably wondering what concert I went to, right?
Too bad, I didn't go to one.
My throat, ears, and body hurt from the horribly horrible weekend I had with my children (or the spawn of the devil as I called them many times over the last 72 hours).
Is it seriously possible for two children to NEVER STOP FIGHTING? Even Chuck Norris would have been impressed by the shear endurance these kids showed by NEVER ONCE letting up on each other. If it wasn't yelling and spitting, it was hitting and wrestling. Nothing I did could help. I was ready to sport some black-n-white stripes because all I did was referee all day long.
If Olivia had a toy, Kellen wanted it. If Kellen was sitting in a chair, Olivia wanted to sit there. If I was taking Olivia shopping, Kellen wanted to go. At one point, they were fighting over who was going to wear a pair of my shoes they found in my closet. Someone kill me.
Add to that my sweet angle Owen not closing his eyes ONCE for 48 straight hours. I swear this kid was on a delayed high from the 2 Mountain Dews I drank after waiting 100 years in line at Target on Friday(see prior post). He slept for 6 total hours last night. I don't know how he survives.
I came home from buying Halloween costumes and my husband says to me "I've had it. If I stay here any longer, I'm going to burn this house down. I'm going downstairs. You deal with them". I was gone for 47 minutes.
I'm still fuming about this weekend.
They got up this morning and acted like nothing happened. They both got ready for daycare without any major fights, sang along to music on the drive over and even hugged each other goodbye when they split to their respective rooms. Like nothing had EVER happened.
That's what you have to love about kids. They don't hold a grudge (well, at least not until the tween years, I hear). I feel incredibly guilty for having yelled at the all day and even caught myself calling them names (yeah, right, like that helps mom!)
I think it's time I re-read 1-2-3 Magic--this is getting ridiculous.
Christmas Around the World
7 years ago







It is SO in the water right now> you should see the classrooms! The teachers are going insane too! Full moon time or what!?!?
ReplyDeletethanks for posting...it makes me feel like i am not the only one having those kind of days. maybe i should read 1-2-3 magic :)
ReplyDelete