Friday, December 17, 2010

When did moms become the "All Knower of Where Everything Is"?

I only have two eyes. And my brain can only hold so much information.

No, I don't know where YOUR green car is.

No, I don't know where YOUR other shoe is.

No, I don't know where YOUR cell phone is.

No, I don't know where YOUR mittens are.

I can't possibly know where everything is, at anytime, all moments of the day. It's just impossible.

And I would appreciate it if you could just PRETEND like you actually looked for something before you asked me. That would make me feel a bit better---like you put some effort into it.

Not only am I expected to know where everything is, but I'm also expected to put all said items away at the end of the day.

So maybe, just maybe, I'll start stashing things in very strange places so I get some kind of entertainment value about of this "house manager" job:

Mom! Where's my green car?
 ---- check the toaster

Mom! Where's my other shoe?
----- check the fish tank

Honey! Where's my cell phone?
----- look in the shower

Mom! Where's my mittens?
----- check the attic

Much more interesting for mom......... :)

2 comments:

  1. I only have one child but I am constantly bombarded with these silly questions too...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more, AND!?!?!?!? I forget everything myself!

    ReplyDelete