Thursday, June 3, 2010

I hope my kids love me as much as I love my parents.

My parents are awesome.

I'm pretty sure I had the perfect blend of a crazy, dramatic mom and a calculating, logical, calm father. That's where I get my logical yet drama queen personality from----and it's working out okay so far.

My parents taught me the value of hard work but pretty much gave us whatever we wanted.

They allowed me to push boundaries without being too loose and were there to help me learn from my mistakes.

They always voiced their opinion on decisions I would make but never pushed me to follow them. Some of those decision worked out, some didn't. And they were always there to support me when they didn't.

They still throw all those stupid "teenager-isms" I used back in my face for a good laugh. Like the time I wanted to buy something expensive and my dad wouldn't give me the money so I told I would just sell drugs. Yep-they still use that one today!

Into my adult years, they've helped guide me through college, finding a job, dealing with marriage and being a parent. Offering their financial support when I lost my job and helping to fund the basement remodel we so desperately needed with baby #3 on the way in a 3-bedroom house.

I love them so much. I hope my kids respect me and my husband as much as I do my parents. I'm enjoying watching them enjoy the rewards from their hard work--a paid off house, a new boat and lots of hugs and kisses from some pretty cute grand kids if I do say so myself.


1 comment:

  1. My parents are a little bit of awesome too, every time I read or hear something terrible about someone else's parents I am thankful for the ones I ended up with!

    ReplyDelete