Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pregnancy Update 35 weeks

How far along? 35 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: Actually lost 1/2 lb this time. That makes me feel MUCH better to have gained 7 lbs in two weeks rather than 1. The doc thinks it was a lot of water retention especially with the high temps we had back then.
Stretch marks? Yep- got 'em now. There are two right on the underside of my belly. I hope they go away!

Best moment this week? Seeing the baby again via ultrasound (even though it was not under the best circumstances). I wasn't noticing as much movement over the last two weeks so I brought it up at my appt Tuesday. I had also been feeling contractions all day Monday. Just to be safe, he put me on the monitor for 30 minutes. It registered two minor contractions and the hb looked good but the movement wasn't there. He let me go another 15 minutes or and still didn't see the movement he was looking for. He sent me for an ultrasound.
After waiting quite awhile, we got into the u/s. The tech said everything looked great-- placenta, fluid, baby's size. He was actually moving a lot and I didn't feel it. She said my anterior placenta is quite thick so it might be absorbing those smaller movements. We saw baby practicing his breathing and putting his fingers in his mouth.
For whatever reason I went from "How am I going to take care of 3 kids?" to "I can't wait to meet this baby!" Just seeing his chubby face made me feel bonded to him--as I've felt a little disconnected because of my anxiety about handling it all.
Makes me wonder why the medical community (well-mostly insurance companies) don't allow coverage for another ultrasound later in a pregnancy than 20 weeks. Maybe, if mothers got to see their baby closer to their due date, there would be less newborns dropped off at hospitals or found in dumpsters. But I digress....


Movement: I'm religiously doing my kick counts now each night. I feel better knowing that my placenta is causing the problem and the baby is fine.

Food cravings: Just more hungry overall.
Gender: DEFINITELY still a boy! The ultrasound found a very clear set of testicles and a penis.

Labor Signs: Feeling contractions almost every day but they are mild. I don't have any dilation. My c-section has been scheduled for July 7th around 4:00 pm but we're hoping someone cancels and we can move it up earlier in the day.

Belly Button in or out? It's sort of flat now. Not really in, not really out.

What I miss: Sleep. I'm up about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours going to the bathroom.

What I am looking forward to: Today is the last day of construction in our basement. The bathroom is being finished as we speak (er- type) and the contractor will be finished! We have some minor plaster work to fix that we contracted on our own but otherwise we'll be done. I'm NOT excited about getting the final bill though!

Weekly Wisdom: Pack your bag early and keep it in your car. You don't your hubby having to run home during labor to get it. That sucks!!

Milestones: Baby measured 6 lbs 2 ozs on the ultrasound. They can be off a pound either way but he should be a good sized baby come delivery!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...you are so close! It sounds like everything is going well! Can't wait to see pics of the new love!

    ReplyDelete